Tuesday, July 14, 2015

New Patterns Gr_ate and Penelope

A week ago I was flicking through a House magazine (as I often do for inspiration) and I came across a lovely bright cushion with an unusual pattern.  It had what looked to me like figure 8's but laid in a horizontal way.  I played with it and just couldn't get it right, however, as often happens another pattern emerged (Gr_ate) and from that Penelope came about.

Gr_ate isn't all that great but I just love Penelope, its such a pretty pattern.  Now I do know that in the Zentangle® way patterns should not be representational, but in the process Butterflies appeared.  I have given  3 different variations and then I wondered how the pattern would look like in a grid and in the round.

Well, enough of me talking, here they are.

I hope you like them and try them for yourself - would love to see what you come up with.

Happy Tangling :)

Oh and since scanning I have shaded some of the 2nd page of Penelope which I will add to this post later. Oh and I couldn't help myself from adding a beak, an eye, wings and feet on the 8's hehe ;-)








here is the shaded version (a bit difficult to see)



and my Penelope Mandala




and shaded


4 comments:

  1. These are very interesting patterns, simple but effective. Thank you for working on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jakki - I had fun drawing them up :)

      Delete
  2. Really pretty! I can't wait to try them both!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit :)