Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Weekly Challenge #231: "The Undulating Tangles in C and S minor" - Guest Blogger Sharla Hicks.

I'm not too sure if I've captured the essence of this week's challenge.  All I could visualise is undulating hills and from that came the water.

I've been wanting to use 'Swell' by Sandy Bartholomew for a while now, and I think it fits in perfectly.  Of course with the water the sun came along and for it I used 'Thumbprintz' by Traci Frogley (a fave of mine - just love this pattern).

Colours just had to be added, it wouldn't be the same.  I used what little I have at hand as most of my coloured pens, pencils are.... well.... who knows, in boxes under my son's house I would say.  :)

I almost wasn't going to bother participating as I thought this challenge, too much of a challenge.

I'm so glad I did as I really love this tile, especially with the bright colours - it did cheer me up - thank you Sharla.

Have a lovely week everyone.

Smiles :)

 before colour

colour

 colour and shading


here's something I've been working on during the week



18 comments:

  1. I do love this colorful tile a lot and the daisies ..... beautiful. Indeed stuff that can cheer you up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sun-and-sea tile. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular! And didn't your colour work beautifully?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Lila! I love the sun and sea~it's so exquisitely drawn and the colors are delightful. Those daisies are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunningly beautiful! It works well in color pictures - it looks impressive and joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh summer - beach - fun tangle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The one you have been working on during the week is a lovely piece of work but I am amazed by the way colour transformed the Diva Challenge tile. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous beach scene and lovely flowers. Glad you decided to just go for it. Sometimes we just need to work with what we have. Although, I do hope you find your colored pencils :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Diva Challenge tile was really nice in B&W, but once you added color and shading, it became really spectacular! Those colors! Your daisies are so amazing! Your precision tangling in the background sets off the simplicity of the daisies so beautifully! I am awed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both tiles are stunning! And thank you for posting the progression - I love seeing how these tiles change and come to life! Beautifully done, both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very nice work, i like the color

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the color that you used in your tile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing the different stages of your work! I love the composition of your tile and the colors! I love the way it's framed. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both finished pieces. Your sun and surf tile is absolutely stunning with the colors you added, although I was impressed when I first opened your blog and just saw the black and white tile. The daisies are amazing and the finished job is exquisite. I still have quite a fear of using a lot of color. I'm a bit timid with it and I have almost everything I need for any kind of effect. Just not sure how to use a lot of it, especially the alcohol markers. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice! loved seeing the progression.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit :)